Metal fabrication and part assembly of a wide variety of types and processes are some of the services offered here at US Metal Crafters. Our fabrication services, in general, include the building of metal parts by cutting, bending, and assembling processes. These processes are performed using specialized equipment (often created for a specific application), expert laborers and/or multiple machine operations.
The below capabilities make up just a portion of our in house fabrication and part assembly services.
Equipment & Capabilities
- Tubing fabrication
- 5 Tube benders handling up to 3” feet of tubing
- 6 press brakes- up to 12’ & 177 tons
- 2 Trump Turrett punch presses -22 tons and 28 tons
- Wet paint line
- Powder coating available
- Small to large volume jobs
- Simple to complex
- Samples as requested
- Most materials: hot rolled, hot rolled pickled in oil, galvanized, cold rolled, stainless steel, aluminum, and copper
Processes For Fabrication
- Cutting is done by sawing, shearing, or chiseling (with manual and powered variants); torching with hand-held torches (such as oxy-fuel torches or plasma torches); and via numerical control (CNC) cutters (using a laser, mill bits, torch, etc).
- Bending is done by hammering (manual or powered) or via press brakes and similar tools. Modern metal fabricators use press brakes to either coin or air-bend metal sheet into form. CNC-controlled back-gauges use hard stops to position cut parts in order to place bend lines in the correct position.
- Assembling (joining of the pieces) is done by welding, binding with adhesives, riveting, threaded fasteners, or even yet more bending in the form of a crimped seam. Structural steel and sheet metal are the usual starting materials for fabrication, along with the welding wire, flux, and fasteners that will join the cut pieces. As with other manufacturing processes, both human labor and automation are commonly used.
The product resulting from fabrication may be called a fabrication. For more information on the custom fabrication capabilities available here at US Metal Crafters.
- Fabrication services include but are not limited to spot, electric welding, MIG, and TIG, press brake forming, and tube bending. Tool and die capabilities include tool and die design as well as manufacturing and maintenance.
Assembling (joining of the pieces) is done by welding, binding with adhesives, riveting, threaded fasteners, or even yet more bending in the form of a crimped seam. Our team of seasoned assemblers can handle virtually any needed functions. We can also up-scale quickly to meet demands for large capacity jobs and quick turnaround schedules.